Under 14’s Championships – Latest

9 August, 2014


It is with deepest, deepest regrets that we have had to postpone the U14’s championships tomorrow.

Not a decision taken lightly, we have consulted the Harbour Authority, Environment Agency and the Met Office in order to gain the best picture.

Two reasons are at the forefront for the decision, based on the latest data available on the impending Atlantic storm:
a) Due to 50mm rain forecast in the region, the Environment Agency need control of the pool for flood prevention
b) Despite a reasonable weather forecast during the afternoon, the winds are forecast be be gusting force 5-6 westerly, which could be compounded by the local geography to create a funnelling effect. This would see our U14’s crews racing headlong into a nasty gale force wind.

For these reasons, we have had to act responsibly and postpone the event until later this year – date tbc. #gutted #wewillbeback!

HPGC Committee